The Marksmen are the "snipers" in Ghost Recon. They are the master of the long range kill and use their knowledge of stealthy movement and concealment to get into position to pick off targets either for assassination missions or to cover their squad. When positioned at a good vantage point with a long sightrange, their range of engagement becomes practically unlimited.
Depending on the mission, the Ghost Snipers are suited in Gillie Suits to add to their concealment when deployed in woodland areas. When deployed in Urban Operations, they're dressed in the same BDU as their Rifleman and Support counterparts. Enemy Marksmen don't differ in clothing from their Riflemen or Support counterparts.
The Marksmen depicted in the Ghost Recon series of games are not actually true "Snipers" as they operate as part of the Squad instead of independently as a two-man Sniper/Spotter team. However they can use dedicated Sniper Rifles in place of Marksmen Rifles.
The class later becomes the Recon class.
2008-2011 (Ghost Recon to Ghost Recon 2)Edit
|Weapons||Sniper Rifles - Sidearms|
|Grenades||4x Frags - 4x Smokes|
The Sniper is deadly on long distances, but is vulnerable when attacked on short range.
- In Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, the Marksman class was replaced by the Scout class in multiplayer.
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (Game)
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Desert Siege
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Predator